Welcome to BangkaPro's Boating and
Outdoor Recreation Forum!
Finally there's a great way to stay connected with your fellow boating and outdoor recreation enthusiasts in the Philippines! Our forum is designed for a highly intereactive and intuitive experience, all in real-time. You know who is online and you get instant notifications on feedbacks or replies. Very simple to use with a clean interface.
Register as a new user or sign in with your Facebook or Google+ account.
Use our forum to:
Discuss your favorite topics
Meet others that shares your hobbies and interests
Share your latest boating or fishing experience and techniques
Ask someone where's the best place to rent a cottage by the beach
Talk about the newest boats and sporting gadgets
Find someone to buy your old fishing boat
Look for boat repair or maintenance tips
Stay connected with others with the same interests as you!
1 Post box is used for starting new posts. Click 2 help to learn about post formatting options. 3 The preview area lets you see what your post will look like.
4 An entire post consists of the seed post and all the replies to it.
5 The seed post can have a title. 6 The info area shows the poster’s profile picture and name, how long ago it was posted, 7 speech bubble icon how many replies there are, 8 like icon how many people liked the post (when that includes you, the heart icon is pink), 9 watch button (pink when the post is watched by you, meaning you get a mail notification when a new reply is posted on the thread while you are away), 10 remove icon with time counter (for your own posts for 2.7 minutes after posting), and 11 mark as spam icon.
12 Replies only have the body text and no title.
13 The reply box is shown under the replies.
14 The speech bubble shows how many older replies are hidden from the view, while 15 Less allows you to hide older replies.
16 ... indicates that the post is collapsed; click to view the entire post. 17 Less…allows you to collapse it again.
ITALICS AND BOLDING
Text can be italicized by adding “_“ at the beginning and end of the text to be italicized. You can also bold single words by adding “*“ at the beginning and end of the word to be bolded.
Code snippets and other bits of text are rendered as monospaced text when placed inside backtics ().
Following 18 emoticons are supported (ie. converted into black and white vector graphics):
You can quote (ie. italicize and grey out) a text passage by selecting it and clicking the quote icon, which will move the quoted text in the text box. Text quoted in this manner will be linked to the original text, if it’s loaded on the page.
You can also manually quote text by inserting > at the beginning of each quoted paragraph.
19 Links are automatically formatted to hide the “http://“ part, and for some of the most popular websites, to replace the name of the site with an icon with the site’s logo.
Links to picture formats (such as JPG, PNG etc.) and videos from YouTube and Vimeo are opened in a gallery view (with all the pictures and videos from that post) when clicked.
20 Avatar is the profile picture either uploaded by the user, or taken from Gravatar or Facebook. If no avatar is uploaded or found, the default avatar is shown. A new picture can be uploaded by clicking on the avatar and choosing a file from the computer, or by dragging and dropping the file onto the picture.
21 Username is an ID for the user containing a minimum of 5 lowercase characters, numbers or a hyphen ‘-’. Username cannot be changed later.
22 Display name is shown on all user’s posts'.
23 Online status (shown in the Online users area) can be hidden and shown.
24 Email is used for sending mail notifications for new replies on watched moots, newsletters, and password reset.
25 Watched posts count is shown here, with the option to unwatch all.
26 Notify me of new releases When this is selected, you will receive occasional newsletters on new Muut releases.
27 Change password You can reset your password here. When clicked, you get prompted for the old and a new password.
The notification at the bottom of the page pops up when there are new posts.
We take discussions very seriously, and we are proud to say BangkaPro is a text-only discussion platform. Give people a chance to post pictures, and you’ll see lots of them, at the expense of the discussion. In a body of text, a picture, even stamp-size, will draw all of the attention to itself.
Content is Forever
Posts cannot be edited. After posting, there is a time frame of 2 minutes and 42 seconds during which you can remove your post. The text will then return to the edit box for modifying and reposting, if you like. Once the time has passed, your post will become permanent.
Forum Administrators cannot edit posts either, but they can delete posts at any time.
Friendly Forum Rules
Administrators and Moderators will edit or delete any posts in violation of the following, and may warn, issue infractions, suspend or permanently ban any member for serious or repeated violations.
1. BangkaPro's forum is a family site. The use of foul or insulting language or the posting of any material not judged suitable by the Moderator Team is forbidden. Disagreements on any topic must be conducted in a polite manner using courteous language.
2. Political, religious or socially controversial topics should be avoided.
3. Do not post copyrighted material or request that anyone else violate copyright law.
4. Attacks (bashing) on any person, organization, company or other entity will not be permitted. Reporting experiences with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing.
5. Photos also need to be in good taste and family friendly.
6. You may not post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise, advertise a business or product, or to solicit responses for contests, polls, or similar unless previously approved by BangkaPro. This includes directing members to social networking sites.
The First post of a thread MAY NOT be used to advertise or promote a product, company, internet site, sale, individual, or service. If you wish to promote a product or internet site, please contact BangkaPro for permission.
7. Username, avatar or signature shall not contain business names, website links or personal info. Links to boating related educational material may be allowed. Do not post your personal contact information such as email address, home address, home phone numbers, etc. on the forums. If you must share that information with someone, use Private Messages.
8. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via email or BangkaPro management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.
If you have problems, questions, feedback or suggestions about the forums or the BangkaPro website, please email us at email@example.com.
9. If you are suspended and reregister with a second screen name you will be permanently banned.
10. Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums about a single problem. This is confusing to those trying to help you. Multiple threads in the same forum about the same issue are also confusing. If you want help fast, one thread in the most closely related forum is the best way to get it.
Are you passionate about boating? Is water sports your thang?
Join the team as a forum moderator! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org